Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Michael Connelly on Crimewav Podcast

The latest Crimewav podcast has Michael Connelly reading Operation Brisket. This was chapter 12 of The Brass Verdict orininally but Connelly removed it on editing. It shows Mickey Haller (The Lincoln Lawyer) trying to get an indecent exposure case he inherited from his dead partner dismissed. It works well as a stand-alone short story.

Crimewav also reports that Connelly's next novel, The Scarecrow, will be available as a limited edition from Dennis McMillan Publications in March or April 2009. It is scheduled for bookstores in May 2009.

Crimewav.com is a terrific source for short crime fiction. Seth Harwood says he started it because
I want to bring some of the great work that’s out there by people in the crime writing scene to the crime listeners I’ve developed with my podcast series–I want to give my listeners more great crime content– and I want to help the crime writers I’ve met get their work into the podcast realm so they can benefit from what I think is a great promotional opportunity in podcasting and get more readers/listeners.

It has the added bonus that the authors read their own works. If you are curious what Michael Connelly, Megan Abbott, Sara Weinman - who is a blogger (Confessions of an Idiosyncratic Mind) as well as an author - and many other excellent writers sound like, this is your chance.

This is one of my favorite podcasts and I highly recommend it if you like short crime fiction and have an mp3 player. Well, technically you don't need an mp3 player to listen to it but it is a podcast.

Seth's original work can be found at Seth Harwood.com. I'll write about those books later.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting, Mack. I'm a Connelly fan, and very much enjoyed The Brass Verdict (printed edition)- but not got into podcasts yet. I suppose that I should join a gym or something, to make the time to start to listen to them. (Most people do it the other way round.)

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.