Monday, March 9, 2009

Dashiell Hammett - "The Barber and His Wife" on crimeWAV

This week's cimeWAV podcast features Dashiell Hammett's first short story, "The Barber and His Wife." Give it a listen here Episode 29: Dashiell Hammett - "The Barber and His Wife"

Here is what Seth says about it
This week I'm very happy to present a special throwback episode--the very first short story by none other than crime fiction legend and pioneer Dashiell Hammett! This is the first audio podcast release of a Hammett story. Thanks go out to Vince Emery and the Literary Property Trust of Dashiell Hammett for enabling us to make this happen.

Dashiell Hammett's first story "The Barber and His Wife" is available in print only in the book Lost Stories.

1 comment:

  1. I really should read Hammett as I have embarged on this macho theme of March but I do prefer the cosy British ones :)
    Hammett is not bad, though, and I think I have a short story somewhere...

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.