Friday, September 18, 2009

Corduroy Mansions 2: The Dog Who Came In From The Cold, Alexander McCall Smith

I was asked if I would like to take part in an ‘Online Blogger Book Club’ for Alexander McCall Smith's second Corduroy Mansions novel, The Dog Who Came In from The Cold. It doesn't fall in one of the sub-genres of crime fiction I usually write about but, on occasion, I feel the need to pass something light and fun across my synapses to maintain a soupcon of balance.

As with the first Corduroy Mansions, it will appear in the Telegraph - Alexander McCall Smith - Corduroy Mansions and as a podcast, beginning Monday, 21 September.

I've received the first five chapters and, while I'm forbidden from quoting or providing details until the chapters are available online, I can say that if you enjoyed the first Corduroy Mansions you will be happy with the sequel. The appeal of the Corduroy Mansions stories for me is the same enjoyment I get from reading P. G. Wodehouse: gentle humor, quirky characters, and a slightly skewed look on life.

There is also a Corduroy Mansions Facebook page.

1 comment:

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.