Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Favorite Books Read in 2009


Kerrie over at Mysteries in Paradise is compiling her annual Your Best Crime Fiction Reads. Check it out; I'm positive your TBR list will grow.

I didn't do a very good job of keeping track of what I read in 2009 but I wanted to participate in Kerrie's compilation so the books below represent those that immediately sprang to mind. They are not in any order.

1a) The Girl Who Played With Fire - Stieg Larsson
b) The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest

2a) Mixed Blood - Roger Smith
b) Wake Up Dead (OK, it isn't part of a series but I have to include it)

3) Fifty Grand - Adrian McKinty

4) The Rule Book - Rob Kitchin

5) Bury Me Deep - Megan Abbott

6) Bad Traffic - Simon Lewis

7) Damn Near Dead: an Anthology of Geezer Noir - Duane Swierczynski, editor

8) A Vengeful Longing - Roger Morris

9) 9 Dragons - Michael Connelly

10) Pain Killers - Jerry Stahl

5 comments:

  1. I haven't read very many of these, but of those I have read (Stieg Larsson, Michael Connelly and Bad Traffic), I concur that these are all excellent books and worthy of your commendation! If you are looking for a Swedish novel for 2010, I think you might like The Vault/Box 21 by Roslund-Hellstrom, as it is pretty dark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Roslund-Hellstrom recommendation. I just added it to my amazon wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out, Mack.


    Adrian...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really will have to get Fifty Grand before long!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.