Monday, November 6, 2017

My Life in Scans, Part 2: At Play

Here is another post from the "... and stuff" feature of my blog. If you're only here for the book reviews I won't be offended if you skip reading.

When I scanned batch 26 of my father's negatives I discovered more photos to match the 2 in batch 10.  There are 10 images in the sequence.  Out of nearly 700 negatives scanned so far, this is the only sequence of images that actually tells a story. The setting is Montana, probably in 1950. My father was stationed at the Air Force Base in Great Falls and we lived in Black Eagle.

Several friends and I are playing in a field behind my house (I think). We seem to be interested in something in the distance. Several shots show a little girl pointing. I'm the one in the white t-shirt, blond hair, and suspenders. I'm probably around 4 and have no memory of any of this. I need to look back through the scans but I think this is the only set of photos that show me playing in the wild with other kids though there are photos from birthday parties.


Pointing at the area of interest.
More pointing.
 Found something
 I appear to have a jar in my hand.
What are we looking at?
 Digging away
Capture!
 Top of jar secured
Examing our find. The girl on the right appears to be holding a potato peeler. Not sure it that was used in the capture.



























































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.