Wednesday, December 6, 2017

My Life in Scans, Part 3: Memories

I listen to several true crime podcasts and eyewitness accounts are often problematical. As I have been sorting through and scanning over 7 decades of images I have been pondering my own memories.

So, while I'm reading new books, here is another slice of my life as revealed in my scans.

For years, I had a clear and vivid  memory that my father had taken a photograph of me and my brother sitting on the porch of a country store with some locals near where my maternal grandparents lived out in the countryside of rural Southwest Virginia. I could see the weathered boards, the dark interior of the store, smell the dusty shelves, feel the chill of the old Coke water cooler, see the locals with a Coke.

I found the photograph but it wasn't what I remembered. At all. Here are the actual color photographs from that day. The older gentleman is my maternal great grandfather, Paw Paw, on the porch of his house. I think they are still good images but I do have a little regret that my original memory didn't happen. The original slides have faded so these have been color corrected. I 'm still undecided if they look better in black and white.

Oh, and my wife likes to hum Dueling Banjos when she sees these photos.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.