Monday, April 6, 2009

My TBR (To be Reviewed)


These are my To Be Reviewed books, books I've finished but not yet written up.

Since I'm writing this post you can conclude that I'm still procrastinating. It isn't my fault, really. I blame Dorte Jakobsen, a blogging friend I met in FriendFeed's Crime and Mystery Fiction Room. She recently posted a photograph of her To Be Read shelf on her blog, DJs Krimiblog. Nothing would do but for me to present my variation on what TBR might mean.

Dorte's excellent blog is bilingual with most posts written in Danish and English. She also has fun contests such as DJs Bait in the Box which start with a quote from a work of crime fiction. Check out number 11, here.

If you enjoy discussing crime fiction I recommend a visit to the the Crime and Mystery Fiction Room on friendfeed. Visiting this room is like entering an on-going conversation about crime fiction with people scattered around the world (at least three continents and one island). I've found other blogs to follow and books I want to read here in addition to the interesting commentary and insights.

6 comments:

  1. Nice post, Mack. I can't quite distinguish all those titles, but looking forward to your review of The Reunion (which I haven't read but plan to).
    Agreed on the crime fiction room - I'm picking up not just recommendations, which one can get in lots of places, but plenty of links to and comments about books, which make me keener than ever to read them.... hence the pile (whether to be read or reviewed!) totters ever highter....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerrie. I knew I should have made the image larger. Clicking on the image will make it larger but here are the titles from left to right
    Gill Brewer - Wild to Possess and A Taste for Sin
    David Peace - Tokyo Year Zero
    Wade Miller - The Killer and Devil on Two Sticks
    James Sallis - Cripple Creek
    David Swierczynksi (editor) - Damn Near Dead, An Anthology of Geezer Noir
    Simone Van Der Vlugt - The Reunion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say thanks Maxine and Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, just blame me, Mack.
    My conscience is tar black anyway, as I should be correcting essays right now :(
    Thank you for this nice post, however. I am looking forward to hearing if you enjoy The Reunion as much as everybody else.
    And I was glad to hear your book had arrived. One more for the shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am back to tell you I have awarded your blog. Please come by and pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.