Friday, April 17, 2009

Not a Review: Spring Markers





In my continuing effort not to write about the six books I've recently finished here are some of my markers that Spring has arrived in Williamsburg. I'm not sure if it is significant that my markers are reptiles and not flowers (except for the azaleas in the first image).

The top two photos were taken on the bank of Crim Dell on the campus of The College of William and Mary in Virginia. Can you spot the Northern Water Snake in the top photo? The second photo shows a baby snapping turtle we found on the sidewalk and moved to the verge. It was the first turtle I've seen this year.

In June 2007 I saw a turtle laying eggs behind the library. In October, I dug down and found that the turtles had hatched. I released several in Crim Dell.

The bottom two photos were taken on the loop drive on Jamestown Island. I was riding my bicycle over a bridge and spotted these two beauties.

These photographs were taken with my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.